Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Chapter 15: Love in Bloom


"Where are we going, Daddy?"

"Well, you know that resort I run with Uncle Matteo and Uncle Salty? Apparently, it's gotten so good, we've gotten the deed to an island."

"I don't get how that works."

"I don't get it either, mija."

Today was the weekend, and due to circumstances I didn't expect, we've gotten our own island. Not entirely sure what we're supposed to do with it, but I can't say no to free things.

Well, it really wasn't free. It was earned, but it stands.

From what Matteo told me of it, it's beautiful. But I had to see for myself.

I let Palmira keep an eye on Santana while I look around, see what's all here, and...



Well, there's something you don't see every day. Those two are getting really chummy.

It's a good thing, of course. Matteo's always reminding Salty to get hydrated, they're always talking at breakfast.

It's like they've known each other for years. It really makes me glad that they're so close now.


Okay, maybe that's a little too close. I'm...I don't think I'm seeing things.

Yeah, Salty is definitely doing that to Matteo. Something tells me I shouldn't disturb them. I should just go back and check on the girls.

I think I saw a treasure chest back there, anyway.


"Daddy, where are Uncle Matteo and Uncle Salty?"

"Oh, they're on the other side of the island. Leave them be. They're...discussing something important. Something you don't need to know about."

"Oh. Okay."

"Well, I think that's everything. Can you go get your sister? Make sure she's not eating any of the flowers?"

I didn't think in a million years that Matteo and Salty would be involved like that. I don't think it's bad or anything. Just a bit of a shock.

But I hope Matteo doesn't mind if I ask him about it.

"Uh, hey, Matteo." I'm...not really good when it come to confronting someone about something. "I saw you and Salty on the island earlier, and..."

"Oh, you saw that, huh? Yeah, he took me by surprise. Said he saw it on TV and wanted to try it out."

"He did, huh?" I'm curious as to what exactly besides the Fishing Channel Salty was watching, now. "So, uh...was it mutual?"


"Hey, now! A lady does not kiss and tell. Comprendes?"

"Heh, Si, si. But he looked into it. Was he?"

"Well, let me just say that he used tongue."

Normally, I'd think that'd be too much information. But these are my friends I'm talking about. I don't mind it, really.

But I think Palmira has caught on to what we were talking about.

"Daddy? Are Uncle Matteo and Uncle Salty gonna get married?"

"I, uh...You know, I'm not too sure. It's not out of the realm of possibility, I don't think."

Even so, it's too early to say anything. Maybe that meant nothing to them. Maybe Salty really did just want to try out something he saw on TV.

Maybe...Maybe I'm thinking about this too much.

(End of Chapter 15.)

No comments:

Post a Comment