Thursday, July 10, 2014

Chapter 10: Alto Hits Fever Pitch

So Dorry and Matty are still riding my ass about the supposed "scare" I had the other day. It's like the more I tell them not to worry, the more they worry.

I hate that. I never got any sympathy from the other Merjerks, so what am I supposed to do now that I actually do?

Tonight I told them I'd check out the resort for them. It was under the pretense that I'd swim there, but really, I just needed to get away from the two of them.

From what little I knew of humans, I know that I hate being pitied. By human standards, I'm a jerk. I get it. It's the same in the world of the Merfolk. To them, I'm the defective fuck-up.

What's worse, though? Being hated, or being pitied? I'm honestly not too sure.

But for now, I can at least be away from them for a little while.



"Humph! Whoever decided buying this run-down hovel was clearly a fool."

Hello, my ears are burning. I know bad-mouthing when I hear it. And this guy is definitely bad-mouthing the place.

But I can't tell him here and now that I don't like what I'm hearing. And I don't think I want Dorry and Matty to know, either. They'd be crushed. Dorry puts a lot of work into this place, seeing as some other asshole took the first plans he had from him.

Then again, I doubt it'd make much of a difference if I bother this dick. Tell him if he wants to insult the resort, he can do so in a scathing review.


"Heeey, dude. So I couldn't help but overhear you inside talking smack about this place. Something not to your liking?"

"Oh? and who might you be? A servant for the owners? For I much doubt I wish to hear the thoughts from the hired help."

"I wouldn't go that far. I know the owners, I live with the owners, just checking over the place for anything for them. No big deal."

"Well, if you must know. I simply desire to know who in their deluded mind would buy such a pathetic establishment like this."

I don't know what this guy's beef is, but he is radiating an aura of 'Arrogant Man-bitch with a stick up his ass'. At least I think that's what the expression is.

"Another question of mine is why in the world a heathen like you has wound up here. Seeing your face reminds me of that gullible Medina boy."


"Hold up a sec. You're that douche Dorry talks about? You're the guy that screwed him over?" I knew something about this prick didn't sit right with me.

"So you're one of that imbecile's friends, I take it? I suppose you're only an acquaintance out of pity, hmm?"

"Oh, that's it!" I don't even want to hear that word, especially not from this dick. But knowing this guy ruined Dorry's life, well, that tore it.


Did I lose my temper? Yeah, I did. I guess I wasn't thinking too clearly, I was so pissed.

But to know that this guy pulled some majorly awful shit, and got away with it...well, I wanted to make sure he got some come...comeupp...he got what was coming to him.

At least I didn't kill him. I just let him off with a warning:


"You ever fuck with him again, so help me, I'm gonna sic Kenny on ya!"

I mean it. And he can't say that I'm not allowed to. Just because I'm staying up on the surface for a while, doesn't mean I gotta adhere to the human's law.

At least, I don't think I gotta. I could always just head back to the ocean if he went that far.

But then, he'd likely go after the others. Shit, now I'm conflicted. Normally, I'm worried about saving my own tail, but now I got others to worry about.

Speaking of worry, I don't think I'll tell them about what happened. They don't need to know this dick was at the resort.


At least, I won't tell them unless they get a scathing review from him.

(End of Chapter 10.)

No comments:

Post a Comment