Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Chapter 13: Cold Weather, Warm Heart

"All right, Palmira. Now try to stay on your feet, and walk towards me, all right?"

I don't like to be reminded of this. She's already learning how to walk.


I know it's inevitable, but I'm getting all worked up over it.

"Aye, Carumba, they grow up so fast..."

"Aw, don't cry, Matteo. It's a part of growing up, you know?"

I know that. But it still blows. Won't be long before she won't need me anymore. I guess it means just as much to me as it does to Teodor.




I always promised myself not to cry. I didn't cry when I lost my parents, so I don't get why I'm crying now.

"Yay! Yay, Palmira!"

Dammit, Teodor, don't rub it in.


 I know he's not doing it on purpose, but still.

At least I got the holiday coming up to cheer me. Sort of. Teodor wanted a gift-giving party with some people in town.

I don't think I know any of them. And obviously, neither does Salty. He's...well, Salty was a little loud when he was looking over the invitations.


"What the fuck kind of name has three Qs in it?! That doesn't sound right."

I'm not one for parties. but Teodor says it's a good way to make connections with other people. Salty went along with it, if only for the promise of free gifts.

When the day came, well, he was sort of right.


I did end up seeing some old friends of mine. Seeing them again after so long was kinda refreshing.

I wanted more time to catch up on current events, but there wasn't too long before Teodor said it was time to open presents.

It's funny, though. I expected it to be mostly cheap, dollar store junk. But some people actually bothered to but nice things.

Salty certainly seemed to think so.


"Awesome! You know how many morons I can bash over the head with this?"

Later on, I had to tell Salty that an easel was used for painting, not a weapon. But besides him saying that, it actually went off pretty well.

Or at least, that's what I heard from Teodor. At one point, I went upstairs to check on Palmira.


I don't think anyone noticed. As great as it was to meet up with friends, I kind of needed some down time.

I hope winter is done soon...

(End of Chapter 13.)

No comments:

Post a Comment