Thursday, August 21, 2014

Chapter 22: Oceans of Love


I can't describe how happy I am to see my two little girls playing together. Palmira doesn't seemed bothered in the least that Santana's an alien child.

She's gotten so used to her baby sister, that I can't help but smile every time I see them having fun together.

That said, I'm worried about the two of them having a mother figure. Matteo and Salty get along great with them, but it just isn't the same.

And lately, the guys have been suggesting I find a new love in my life. Well, actually, it was Salty that mainly suggested the idea.


He stated that if I at least gave love another chance, he'd find someone he knew was single.

"She's a mermaid, obviously. That cool with you?" The face he made, I could've sworn it hurt him to bring up the idea. Salty's never really gotten along with the rest of the Merfolk, he said.

I didn't want to. But at the same time, I didn't want to come off as rude by turning down the idea. So I took his advice.

He said the best way to contact her was via letter. And I think I can do that.



I'm not the greatest when it comes to letters, though. Especially if it's to someone I've never met. But it's worth a try, at least.

Nothing too fancy or cheesy. I hope a "Hello there" will suffice. Love letters have never exactly been my forte.

But apparently, it was good enough for her.


"You must be Teodor! It's a pleasure to meet you."

"And you must be Maya! Likewise. Sorry, I guess I'm not that much of an expert when it comes to love."

"That makes two of us. Love isn't something the Merfolk often experience."

"And I've had the most rotten luck in it. At least, we can both learn, or something?"



Should I have told her I've been divorced once before? I'm not sure if Merfolk even know what divorce is.

Would she even mind? And there's also the whole 'living with Salty' situation. I don't know if the feeling of hostility is mutual.

I can only hope that the different cultures don't get in the way of this relationship.


Among other things...

(End of Chapter 22.)

No comments:

Post a Comment