Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Chapter 21: Lost in Blue


"Hey, what's this eyesore?"

"This is where I used to live." I told Teodor that I had some business to take care of today. And, well, Salty decided to tag along.

I can't tell if this was a good idea or not. I can already feel the memories coming back.




"You lived in this tinderbox? Hell, I've lived in rock formations bigger than this!"

"Yeah, this used to be my house, before I lived with Teodor. I don't think anyone's tried buying it yet. And I can see why."


It hasn't been touched since I moved out. I don't think anyone's even tried to rob it. And I'll believe that, I didn't have much to take.

"So why are we here?"

"I guess you could say I'm here to visit my parents."

"Okay...So where are they? If they ain't home, shouldn't we come back later when they are?"

"No, they're here. They're right here."


I can't remember if I ever told the others about my parents. It's not like I'm trying to keep it a secret, but I still don't think they ever figured it out.

"They're...Your parents are dead?"

"It happened a few years ago. I don't remember the exact details, but apparently they died at sea." Even saying that hurts now. I figured I'd be over it by now, but I guess not.

"Oh, shit, Matty! I didn't know! I was all excited to get to meet your parents and...Oh, I'm real sorry!"

"Don't be, novio. This happened long before I met you and Teodor. I got along fine without them, but I do still miss them a lot."

"Still, now I feel like such an ass."

Needless to say, Salty stayed in the bedroom when we got back. I tried telling him not to beat himself up over it, but I don't think he listened.

I'm sure he'll be back to his old self by tomorrow, but still.

(End of Chapter 21.)

No comments:

Post a Comment