Thursday, June 26, 2014

Chapter 6: Encounter of the Mer-Kind

Not used to getting visitors in my turf.

Especially not human ones. I take it some unlucky bastard got lost down here? That, or he's more than a little stupid.

"Psst. Hey. Hey, buddy."


But I figure I should be polite. So far, it doesn't look like he's bothered any of my boys.

"Hello? You deaf? Hey!"

Am I really that scary? Come on. I just want to know why this two-legged sack of meat decided to show up and take my shit.



"Whassa matta, dollface? Kenny got your tongue?" Of course, it don't look like he's got one of them board things the humans use to talk with down here.

"Look, buddy. If you can't talk underwater, what say we bring it up on land?"

Contrary to popular belief, merfolk can walk on land. Of course, staying hydrated's a bitch. But hey, this guy can tell me what's going on then.


Apparently the dude's name is Teodor. Tea? Door? Tea-Door? Eh, screw it.

"Look, buddy. All I wanna know is why you were screwing around in my turf."

"Um, well...I guess it's just part of my job, now." Never heard of a job that requires stealing from another guy's house.

"Job, eh? Well, tell you what. Since you were so nice to show up in my house without permission, what say I get a look at what I'm guessing would be what humans call a 'mansion'?"

...He's looking at me funny. I think I got a dumb one.

And I don't think he really wanted me to tag along. But tough. I did anyway.

At least he's faster than he looks. I guess I pegged him for one of those usual clumsy land bastards.

This way, I get to see what human houses look like. Hopefully it ain't any better than where I was holed up.


(End of Chapter 6.)

No comments:

Post a Comment