Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Chapter 2: Parental Issues

I'm not in this for money.

I'm really not. I know it ain't a cushy job, but it isn't like I'm demanding half of Teodor's paycheck.


He isn't much older than me, and he's already been through a lot.

Can't say I blame him. He's doing what he thinks is best for his daughter. I don't know what his plans are, but I ain't one to judge what people do.

And he told me everything. He didn't leave out any details whatsoever.



"So you lost your Mama, huh?" Teodor says she doesn't know a lot of words. That's all right. Not like I'm expecting a full-length conversation with a girl her age.

"I guess I sort of know how you feel. I lost my Mama, too. Lost both of my parents, actually."


"It's no fun, trust me. You're probably too young to really know what's going on, but..." I really hope this kid doesn't grow up blaming herself for her parents getting divorced.

"Your Daddy's doing his best to provide for you. Whatever he's got in mind, he's hoping you get the benefits of it."

"Trust me, it could've been worse. And since he's out there making the world a better place for you, he can't be here all the time. And that's where I came in."


"So I'm gonna make sure I don't let your Daddy down. When he's out there making a living, I'll be right here helping him take care of you. Comprendes?"

I'm pretty sure everything I just said flew over her head. Oh, well. It's not as if I'm expecting her to understand now. Maybe when she's older.

(End of Chapter 2.)

No comments:

Post a Comment