Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Chapter 5: Forever Fortunate

It's been about a month now since Matteo and I bought this resort.

Like he said, it's in dire need of some work, but somebody has to do it. And at least this way, I can learn about this business.


We've had some business already. Not a whole lot, but that's to be expected. Not like this place was going to become a five-star hotel overnight.

But we're getting there. Whenever I go diving, Matteo and Palmira keep an eye on the place. He says it's coming along nicely.




Apparently, part of the reason people stay the night is for the food, he says? Hey, it works.

As long as they're happy, then that's all right.

Of course, then there's maintenance, and that isn't cheap.


There's all the cleaning, and repairs, and all the other unpleasant things associated with this.

At this point, we're barely turning a profit. But Matteo says that as long as it's a profit, we'll be fine. It'll get better.

Come to think of it, Matteo is so helpful. Not just with Palmira and the resort, for...pretty much everything.

I have someone to talk to with problems. Ever since Florita left, I've been so worried that I couldn't be able to provide for my daughter.



But he's there to help. I just...I only wish there was some way to properly show him how grateful I am.

That said, I know I can't rely on him forever. I'm sure even he has a breaking point. But who else can I turn to?

I've asked him if he's ever wanted to go diving with me, and he told me it's not something he could see himself doing.

So he can't help there. But that's all right. I'm sure he has his reasons.


He has said that when Palmira gets older, that he'd like to go fishing. I said that's all right.

But for now, I'm glad to have him in my life. I guess he's already become my friend.

It certainly feels like it. But is it selfish to want another friend to accompany me underwater? I feel selfish for wanting that.

Besides, who could possibly be down here with me, for as long as I can handle, anyway?


(End of Chapter 5.)

No comments:

Post a Comment