Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Chapter 3: Diving Deep

"So what are we doing here, Matteo?" 

For reasons I'm at least curious about, we're standing in front of the business corporation. Normally I wouldn't go near the place, given the guy I'm not fond of works there, but...

Matteo said that he's got an idea for helping me. I should at least hear him out.



"Well, you got any idea of what you wanna do for a job?" Well, of course I do. Scuba diving. I know it isn't a normal job, but it's something I like to do.

"I figure, you can go here, ask the suits for forms, and you get benefits."

"How does that work?"


"Eh, I don't really know myself. Something about self-employment, I'm guessing? You'd have to go in and ask."

It's worth a try. I mean, we came all the way here. I may as well not have it be for nothing.

But I will admit I'm nervous.


Can you even make a job of that? Scuba diving? I kind of likened it to deep-sea fishing, or something.

I liked to do it when I was still married to Florita, but I don't know how well of a career it would make. I guess it's worth a shot.

As soon as I went in, I just signed papers, made sure to avoid those two, and it was done.


"So how'd it go?"

"Well...better than I thought. Where to now?"

Matteo seems to be dragging me around the islands, to be honest. I know he has something else planned, but..."


"Well, there is this one place I want you to check out." Not another house, I'm hoping. I'm still getting used to the one we're living in now.

"All right. Where is it?"

"Eh, not too far from here. At the least, we can check it out and then get home by nightfall."

What exactly do you have in mind, Matteo?

(End of Chapter 3.)

No comments:

Post a Comment