Thursday, June 19, 2014

Chapter 4: Resorting to the alternative


"All right, little lady. You go ahead and crawl around the room. I gotta talk to your daddy."

Yeah, the place is kind of a run-down dump. But it's got potential. And nobody really wants to bother with it, so maybe Teodor can do something with it himself.

From what he's told me, this is a decent opportunity.


"So what do you think, Teodor?"

"I don't know...It kind of smells funny. Is it supposed to be like that?"

"Wouldn't know. I usually don't spend the night in one of these." Not that I'd really want to, but still.

"Are they really trying to auction this place off? Sounds like they're practically giving it away."

"It's because they are." How desperate does somebody got to be to give an entire location resort for free? You'd think there'd be a catch. So far, besides the bad shape it's in, I haven't seen it.

"They are?"

"Yup. I think you could do great things with this place, hombre." It'd take a lot of work, but I think he could do it. "For one, you'd set prices decent."

"Well, define decent."

"I've seen the prices at one of the other resorts. Seriously, es un robo. If you took this, maybe you could fix it up to be just as good as those other places.

"You think so?"


"I know so. What do you say? Think you can give this whole resort business a try?"

Teodor might not be able to do this all by himself, though. But hey, it's not like I'm not going to help him. He can do his thing, and I can keep an eye on the place while watching Palmira.

But it's up to him.

"Well, after I got my original resort plans yanked out from under me, I suppose it's best to start somewhere."


"I'll do it!"

"All right! Let's find the main office, sign papers, and the place is ours!"

(End of Chapter 4.)

No comments:

Post a Comment