Sunday, June 1, 2014

Prologue

Alright, look:

I know for a fact that I'm not perfect. I know that I'm going to make mistakes. I even know I can be gullible.

But at least I try to be a good person. At least I don't steal everything of value from someone else, and be a jerk about it.

Well, I shouldn't say everything. I did lose my wife and my resort plans...



But I still have my little girl. I still have some cash left over. In fact, there's a good amount of cash I got from selling the house Florita and I lived in. So for now, we're good there.

Problem is, I have no idea how I'm going to support the both of us in the long run.

Eventually, that money's going to run out, and then I don't know what I'm going to do.



Actually, no, that's not entirely true. I do know what I can do. But I can't bring Palmira with me if I do.

If I do decide to go with my plans, I'd have to hire a nanny. But who exactly in this island city is going to take up a full-time job of watching a toddler?



Aye, carumba, my chances of finding such a person are slim.

...But maybe it's worth a try. I mean, who knows. Maybe for once things will look up for me.

It could be worse. I could've ended up on the streets, for all I know. At the least, I owe this to Palmira.

What could I possibly tell her? 'Sorry, Mommy's left us for a guy that ruined Daddy's life.'? So, at least, she can have someone who can take care of her.


Now how do I put up ads online? There's a site for that, I think.

I just gotta tell myself: I'm doing this for Palmira. I may not be able to spend a lot of time with her after this, but I want to make sure she'll be cared for.

That being said, I wonder who in town is willing to do this sort of thing...



(End of Prologue.)

No comments:

Post a Comment