Thursday, September 11, 2014

Epilogue


"Salty! What are you doing out here?"

Things have gotten quiet for us lately. Teodor and Maya are as happy as ever, Palmira's making new friends, Santana's getting older...

But I can't help but think something's wrong with Salty. Ever since that day, he's not been himself.

"Huh? Oh, hey, Matty! I'm just thinking..."

"About what?"




"Aw, just stuff."

"What kind of stuff? Your sharks, the house, us?"

"Us, I guess. Listen, Matty...That day I did something that is probably frowned upon in human culture. I, uh...what's the word? I murdered a guy."

So that's what was bothering him-

"And I know that's landed me in a lot of trouble. And this means I'll have to go back to the ocean at some point. And they're going to be looking for a guy that can summon sea creatures, and that means they'll be looking for a merman, and I'll have to go back one day anyway, but Matty..."


"I don't want to go."

Something I hate seeing is Salty getting sad, for whatever reason. And he normally doesn't let this sort of thing bother him.

"You really think those are your only options?" I'd been wanting to ask him about this anyway, but I think maybe he needs a way to know for sure.

"You said they're looking for a merman, right?"

Good thing I went to the shop before I went looking for him.


"Huh?! What was that?"

"Salty...Look down."

It's a sight I'm going to have to get used to, but I can be with Salty no matter what he is.

Even if it means I have to say goodbye to the scaly legs.

"Did...Did you just...?"

"Salty. I know you don't want to leave. This way, you don't have to. And you don't have to worry about hydrating anymore, I don't think."

"I...Matty, I...Aw, Matty..."


"Thanks. You're a great boyfriend."

"Actually, about that...You know what's a step up from boyfriend?"

"Nah, what?"

I'm going to do it. I'm actually going to ask him the question.

"Well, first, I have to ask you a question. And I hope the answer is yes. Salty..."


"Will you marry me?"

"Holy...!" I can't tell if he's taken with the ring I got, or if he knows what this means. "I just...Yes, of course I will!"

This is the greatest night of my life. Mom, Dad...If you can see me...

Guess what. Your son's grown up, and he's getting married.

(And they all lived happily ever after...Except for Alfonso, who I'm pretty sure is burning in the Sim equivalent of Hell.)

No comments:

Post a Comment